Friday, October 21, 2011

No More Bandages!

"Are you ready to be free of bandages?"

"YES!  They're itchy and constricting and the band aid goo is driving me bonkers!"

"Okay, here we go..."

"TA DA!"

"THANK YOU!  You don't realize how great it is to be healthy until you aren't."

"Congrats on being bandage free, my tiny friend.  High five!"

"Victory Charlie Brown dance.  Come on, dance with me!"

"Celebratory frozen margaritas"

"Ahhh, limey tequila.  Delicious."

"Indeed.  So, now that your body's all healed, how long do you think it will take your hair to grow back?"

"You said your hair grows really fast, but your noggin is still pretty shiny looking to me and it's been a week and a half.  You don't even have any fuzz yet."

"I'm not really sure.  Usually it does grow fast and I have to trim it every few days.  I've never been bald before though so maybe it's different when my head's been shaved?  I'm sure it'll grow back eventually.  In the meantime, I think I'm rockin' this hat pretty well."

"Yeah, and if you end up being bald forever I'll make you lots of different hats!"

"Just nothing too infantile.  I look young enough already and it drives me nuts when people call me cute.  Puppies are cute.  I'm a grown pixie, dammit!"

"Okay, okay!  I'll be sure not to call you cute!  Hey... if you don't mind my asking, do you have any idea why you have red hair?  You said all the other pixies in your tribe are blonde.  I don't know how pixie genetics work but it seems pretty weird for red hair to just spring up."

"There's no mystery.  My grandma caused quite the scandal when she was a young woman and fell in love with a man from a traveling band of pixies.  Their way of life was much different from ours and they were a different race of pixie entirely.  Granny's beloved even had flaming red hair.  Everyone in our tribe was opposed to the marriage because he was so different, but Granny married him anyway.  None of their kids had red hair and none of my siblings do, but apparently I won the genetic lottery.  Lucky me."

"So, did their love end up triumphing or what?"

"Not exactly.  Pixies from my grandfather's tribe weren't really the type to settle down.  A couple years after they got married, he went out for firewood and never came back."

"Aww, poor Granny!"

"Yeah, I know.  On the one hand, I know what it's like to be stuck in one place when you just want to GO, but abandoning his family was a jerk move.  Granny got remarried to my Gramps though and they seem  pretty happy so it turned out okay."

"Well, I'm happy for Granny then.  And from what I saw of it, I think your hair is beautiful so I can't wait until it grows back!"

3 comments:

  1. LuV yer Cappie ans CoolMost Kini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little story! My favourites photo stories of wee folk are when their true, diminutive scale is obvious.

    ReplyDelete